CAL‐ABOTA BOARD RESOLUTIONS
Adopted by the Board of Directors November 2, 2016
- CAL‐ABOTA is committed to diversity in its membership, officers, staff and executive
committee. Diversity is an inclusive concept encompassing gender, gender identity,
race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability.
- CAL‐ABOTA supports an independent judiciary free from political attacks.
- CAL‐ABOTA supports expedited jury trials as presently codified in California Rules of
Court Sections 3.1543‐3.1552.
- CAL‐ABOTA resolves that the judicial branch should be treated as a third and equal
branch of the State government along with the legislative and executive branch.
- CAL‐ABOTA resolves that the trial courts should permit a reasonable examination of
prospective jurors by attorneys so that the parties have a basis for an intelligent exercise
of the right to challenge.
- CAL‐ABOTA supports teacher's law schools, James Otis Lecture Series, Civility Matters
lecture series, and other educational endeavors encouraged by National ABOTA.